At Maudsley and Bethlem Hospital School, our safeguarding focuses on the wellbeing, health and safety of our pupils and all those who work with them in the school.
Our safeguarding policy can be found on our policies page If you have a safeguarding concern, please contact a member of our Safeguarding team by contacting our office on 020 8777 1897.
Our safeguarding processes are monitored externally by:
- Southwark Local Authority Schools Safeguarding Coordinator
We work closely with hospital staff, ward social workers, parents/carers, pupil’s home schools and other professional bodies to identify, mitigate and monitor any safeguarding concerns that are identified during a pupil’s hospital admission.
Designated Safeguarding Lead:
Maarten Crommelin – Headteacher
Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads:
- Philippa Levy – Deputy Headteacher
- Milou Munn - Assistant Headteacher
- Indiran Sinayan – Teacher
- Ben Hughes – Teacher
- Simone Byrne - Teacher
- Emma Braithwaite - Teaching Assistant
- Fiona George – School Manager
- Sharon Chittenden – Senior administration officer
- Wendy Croxton – Senior administration officer
- Nalan Mustafa - Exams Officer/Administrator